Thursday, October 13, 2011

Witches and Boo Blocks

About a half an hour from my home is a wonderful shopping place called Gardner Village. There are lots of fun little quaint shops. During the whole month of October they put on a witch festival. My daughter, Nicky, and my niece Elizabeth decided to meet there with Ellie (Nicky's little girl) and Cameron and Conner (Elizabeth's 2 boys). Ellie and Conner aren't quite sure what to think of this witch.
Here I am with Ellie, Elizabeth and Conner. Cameron was off and running throwing rocks in the pond.
After we went to lunch we went to Elizaeth's home and made these cute "boo" blocks from wood and paper and glitter. That's Cameron peeking over the counter.
We thought Witchie Poo was quite funny reading the paper in the outhouse.
Nicky trying to keep Ellie still long enough for a picture.
We especially loved this witch pushing a giant green frog in a stroller too.
Elizabeth and witch.
Here the kids were looking out the window while we waited to be seated in the restaurant. Outside the window was a purple toed witch jumping from the roof into a pond. There were many many more witches playing baseball, dancing, riding a bike thru the sky, fishing with dynamite in the pond, and even spraying water when you walked across a bridge. There were pumpkins everywhere and ghosts and goblins too.

It was a fun day.

This week I've been in a cleaning mood! I've cleaned out file cabinets, closets, cupboards, and more in the sewing room. I washed and changed bedding ready for the next group of visiters this next week. I filled the backseat of my car and trunk and hauled it to Savers (a place like Salvation Army). Also filled my garbage can to overflowing and have several bags ready for next weeks garbage. Oh it feels good. Now I have a stack of quilting books I am getting rid of also. Wonder how long I can keep it clean?

Now maybe I can get back to some sewing time.

Happy Quilting! Lynda

5 comments:

QuiltSue said...

How would you like to come to my place and clean if you've run out of rooms to do?

The witch festival looks great, I'd love to see that.

Oops-Lah said...

Great post Lynda! I'm sure you are in your element with Halloween just around the corner ;)! Good for you to have a good clear out. I need to do that too again.
Have a great weekend.

Josie said...

What a brilliant family day out. The Witches are fantastic... love the one with the warty frog in the pushchair and the one sitting on the loo reading reminds me of someone.. oh yeh... me!!
I love a good sort out day. If I were a betting person.... and you are anything like me.... I'll give it a month and you'll need another 'dump' day! Thanks for the lovely post.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Feel free to pop by my studio as well if you are on a roll tidying wise.-)

Nicky and Patrick said...

So fun! I also would like to offer my place to be organized and de-junked. It is in desperate need!