Saturday, May 26, 2012

And He Loves It!

I have joked with Austin for a few weeks now that he may have to arm wrestle me for this quilt.  When I gave it to him today I told him that instead of a pinch hitter I was calling in a pinch armer.  I had chosen the man across the street who is about 6 foot 8 inches tall and the arms the size of a tank!  I apologized that I hadn't found fabric to represent him (swimming, Lacrosse and music) like I had for his brother (black, white and red....drama; and his girly girl sister, pink flowers).  Funny thing ..... his bedroom has a blue wall and an orange wall.  I couldn't have planned it any better.  It seems that each quilt I have made for this family has been bigger than the last.  I told Josh, the youngest brother who graduates next year, that his may be huge! Happy Quilting! Lynda

5 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Look at his smile; it goes from ear to ear. And honestly, I'm not surprised. It's a superb quilt and I'm sure it will bring this young man comfort and warmth for many years to come. What a generous soul you are. Hugs V x

Sharon said...

What a lovely quilt! He is going to treasure this for many years to come. I would have had a hard time giving it away too!

Stephanie D said...

Of course he loves it! It's grand!

Cheryll said...

It's gorgeous... if you can say that about a man's quilt! He looks perfectly happy with it too!!! :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What an amazing quilt!! Austin looks very happy with it.