Monday, February 17, 2014

Such a silly mistake!

 I've finished the 142 sashing blocks to go with the 63 String blocks already made.
 Now on to the 9 Patch blocks to add to the sashing.  More scrap strips and white strips sewn together.  I was working amazingly fast and before I knew it I had 160 of these little 1 1/2 inch strips for all 80 corner blocks........WHAT?? I only needed 80 of this one and 160 of the 2 scrap/1 white piece!!!   Oh bother!
 So I have spent the morning picking out 80 little white 1 1/2 inch squares so they will be ready to add another scrap 1 1/2 inch square.  Such a silly mistake.....but it took up my whole morning.
On to better things.  I made this cute receiving blanket for a great nephew being born in March.  Wouldn't it have been cute to add a tiny red piping to give it a little pizzazz! Do I really want to unpick that first edge just to add some piping???  Sure would be cute....just saying....


Happy Quilting (and unpicking)!               Lynda

2 comments:

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Unstitching all those tiny pieces sounds tedious, but what must be done, must be done.
How about couching red cotton yarn near the edge; it will give that little pop of colour without any seam ripping?

Oops-Lah said...

Oh dear, what a lot of work for nothing. Oh well, I'm sure all these little blocks will come handy one day. I'm not sure I would unpick the anything just to add a little piping. Maybe you can add some red in another way. Hugs xx