Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Life goes on........



Life does go on!  Lots has happened since I last posted.
My daughters and their families have all moved out.
I have started cleaning my home and still finding boxes that belong to them.
We have put in some new carpet,
painted,
and purchased.
The house is starting to look normal......
except for my sewing room!

It seems the more I go through the stuff,
the messier the surrounding hall and stairs become.
One stack goes to Nicky's house,
one goes to be recycled to other people,
and one is headed for the garbage!
But I am finding things that have been lost for 2 years!

The below picture shows I am finally working on my Chunky Desden Plate quilt.


 My friend, Janine, and I decided it needed some sashing.  I found this lovely mint green
fabric that matched perfectly.  So it will be the sashing.  


I now have about half of the blocks completed.  
I am machine appliqueing them onto the white background.
Since I have all the centers and petals made this part is going quickly.

The other big news:
I HAVE RETIRED!!!
I was worried that I would really miss working outside the home.  
But I have been so busy so far (1 week) that I haven't missed it
except for the wonderful people I worked with every day.
I have set a few goals for myself of things I want to accomplish:
quilting
cleaning
working on genealogy
reading (Elm Creek Quilts series)
visiting my grandchildren
even just sitting and relaxing.
At least none of it has to be done ... right now!

Now I'm off to spend time with my quilting friends

Happy Quilting!                               Lynda

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

You're right, that sashing really looks great and manages to make the blocks pop at the same time.

Enjoy being retired. I gave up work 15 years ago, well before I was due to retire, and have never regretted it.

Oops-Lah said...

Happy Retirement! I'm sure in no time you can't even imagine how you found time to go to work lol!!! And you'll find it will get worst first before it gets better, the clearing up that is. Love your Dresden blocks by the way.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

You have retired - congratulations, Lynda!!
It has been far too long since I have been visiting your blog, and so much has happened.
Have fun reclaiming your house and sewing room!