Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Moving to a big boy bed!





Wyatt is moving to a big boy bed.  
He is so excited.  It has been a long time coming!
He has watched me make the quilt for his new bed and
waited somewhat impatiently to have it be his own!



This is the back of the quilt.  I wanted to use up fabrics
from the front and also ones that matched the colorway.
I have been trying to do that the last few quilts hoping to use up a lot of my
leftover fabrics.
My stash consists of pieces, not so big, left over from other quilts.
I rarely go out and buy fabric just to be buying fabric........
even tho I would love to be able to do that!




This is the front of his quilt.
It is a Buggy Barn pattern, which I love.  I also
used all stash fabrics for it too.
I had thought I would use wool fabrics for the muzzle, nose, and bone.
However, when I priced the wool, it would cost me about
$50 just for that part!  That was way too much
too spend on a quilt that would be washed often......very often.
I think it is cute just using cotton fabrics.  
I used Bee in My Bonnet, Lori Holt's, method of applique.
That way it is ironed down and machine appliqued also
so it should be pretty well attached.
The quilting is dog paws and looks really cute.



As you can see it turned out pretty big.  I'm not sure he is
big enough or strong enough to pull it up and make his bed.
He said that was o.k. cuz he didn't like to make his bed anyway!

This quilt was so much fun to make.

Happy Quilting!                      Lynda

1 comment:

Oops-Lah said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute quilt and what a lucky little guy! I like the back too, so it can easily be reversed when he gets a bit older.