Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ellie Nicole is here!

We got a call on Monday morning, June 7th, that Nicky was in labor. So we waited around until she actually went to the hospital, then hopped in the car and drove the 2 hours to Logan to be there when little Ellie was born. I love this texting thing. Patrick must have texted us out in the waiting room 100+ times letting us know everything that was happening. Ellie was born that evening weighing 7 lbs 3 ounces and 20 inches long. They came home on Wednesday. I got to stay for a week to help out and what a great time I had with them all.
We took so many pictures of her getting her first bath in the hospital, every outfit she had on, each of us holding her, asleep, awake, yawning, crying, etc etc etc. You know the routine when a new baby comes to a family! She is just a soft, warm, cuddly, smell good, feel good little baby and I so enjoyed my week with her.

It was very hard to leave last night. Nicky is such a good little mother already. I think our children know we love them but have no idea how all inclusive, never ending, overwhelming that love is until they have a little baby of their own. It was just so much fun to watch them love her.

I know I will be finding every excuse to skip work and take a drive to visit them.
Having a baby now is so much different than when I was having babies. We got to be in the room when the nurse gave Ellie her first bath.....right on the bed with Nicky watching so she'll know exactly what to do. Patrick got to wash her hair. She stayed in their room with them so they felt comfortable with her when they came home. ( I can remember my first baby wasn't even with me except to feed her until I came home from the hospital and wondered "What am I supposed to do with this???") They could ask questions and understand all the little changes taking place in the baby and in them. What a great experience!
Now I'm home, heading back to work, ready to get back down to the sewing room and wait each day for my daily picture of Ellie. Oh I love being a Grandma!!!
Happy Quilting.....Happy Life Lynda



6 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats!

QuiltSue said...

Congratulations on the birth. As you say, things have really changed. I remember when I brought my first child home, she woke up about 2 am and I didn't even know why. Eventually my DH opened one eye and suggested the baby might need feeding. Well, how was I to know? While we were in the hospital she didn't wake for that feed.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Congratulations to all of you, Lynda, and what a beautiful little girl she is! I'm so happy you got to spend the first week with her, they grow up way too fast!
There has to come a little girl into our family too soon; I want to make pink, pink and pink stuff too.-)

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Congratulations Lynda! how wonderful and exciting for you all!!

Enjoy!

Kaye and Mike said...

What a great post! I enjoyed reading it and seeing the photos. I just came back from a week with Elizabeth. I think we should be full time grandma's and skip this work thing! I can't get an e-mail to go through to you. I'll keep trying. Love you! K

Oops-Lah said...

Congratulations! How exiting to have a new baby in the family. And she is really beautiful! Enjoy this special time ;).