Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Strings, Trucks and Tractors

I've been working on a few things....one of which is this string quilt. I need to add a white border then the outside border. It seems I have been sewing strips of blue and red forever! The border will be a piano key border of blues and reds. I have lots of them sewn together but not nearly enough to go around the quilt yet. Since I used scraps for this quilt my strips range from 6 inches long to 20 inches long. At least I can see that the pile has diminished significantly now.

I've also put the binding on these 2 Truck/Tractor quilts. One will be mailed off today to my niece in Washington and her new baby boy. I love the brightness of it. They were quilted by Toma in Orem. She does a great job and has them back to me so quickly too.
Happy Quilting! Lynda

7 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

The Truck/Tractor quilts turned out wonderful. I'm sure your niece will love it.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

They both look great! The string quilt looks challenging; did you paper piece the blocks? Any little boy would be happy to receive your truck/tractor quilts. We have been driving past and commenting on all kinds of things on wheels for months to and from kindergarten, and I don't believe there is anything with an engine that I cannot name by now.-)

Nicky and Patrick said...

I of course love the trucks, I already said that:) but the top one is awesome. It looks just like something I would want to make. I may just have to:)

Pokey said...

Both of these are great! The tractors and trucks are perfect for any little guy. I like the string quilt, too, I also wondered if you paper pieced this one? It looks like you would have to, and you have done a beautiful job on it.
Congratulations on your precious little Ellie, she is so sweet! You are blessed, Grandma!!

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Lynda, the truck and tractor quilt looks fantastic!! The quilting is lovely and the binding perfect!!!

Happy Sewing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love that Red and Blue quilt. Beatiful!!!

We Three Madsens said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful quilt Linda! Connor is a bit oblivious to the fact its for him which is good because Cameron has sort of taken temporary ownership of it. He loves to lay it out on the floor and line up and drive his cars around on it:)