Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bindings!

Bindings, bindings, bindings! I got a couple of bindings done for my friend, Janine. These are quilts made out of "Crazy Eights" fabric that we bought a year ago. She uses Minke on the backs of her quilts and it makes them so soft and feel good.

Same fabrics for 2 of mine. I added a border and used flannel on the backs. One is dark green and red and the other is light tan with green pinecones. These will be in the mail to California today to a couple of our sons. That makes 4 sons with Christmas quilts this year. Not as I had planned in January but I am quite satisfied.
* * * * * * *
Now back to 2 more bindings for Janine (one of them using the same fabrics!) and the other all Minke. Janine came over last night and said she still has about 4 yards of the fabric that I used on the borders. She tried to pawn it off on me but right now I'm a little tired of looking at it!!!
* * * * * * *
Happy Quilting! Lynda

5 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wow! You certainly were in a binding mood!!

Kim B said...

Beautiful Bindings.
I am sure there will be 4 happy sons :) Have a great evening.

Oops-Lah said...

Can I bring you some of my quilts to bind, since you are an a roll ;). Beautiful quilt, very Christmassy (Is that a word).

Brenda said...

I have two quilts to bind - I'd better find a good movie (or two). Your quilts look great - as always - you inspire me!

QuiltSue said...

Minkee is so gorgeous to touch isn't it. You've really been busy on the binding front - shall I send mine across the pond to you?