Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Can I have too many "FAVORITE" quilts?


I have started a quilt using 30's fabrics.  
This one is for my brother's son, Chris,
and his fiance, Melissa.
But don't tell them yet.
They will be getting married in August.
(Sheesh,  I can't even keep a secret!)

My Mom made him a wedding quilt about 25 years ago
and we packed it away for "someday".  He was only
1 year old at the time and her last grandchild.  She had made a quilt for all her other grandchildren.   She figured she wouldn't be here when he got married so she wanted it done.  My Mom passed away in 1999.   He is excited to finally get to
use the quilt.




 I have a stack of HST ready to square up.


Here are a few blocks ready and patiently waiting.
This may be my favorite!


And here is Janine's Bricks and Stepping Stones
all ready for her to take to the quilter.
Didn't it turn out great.  This may be my favorite!
The mint green/blue and the gray are wonderful together.

Happy Quilting!               Lynda

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

How wonderful that your nephew finally gets his quilt! Your mom was very thoughtful.