Thursday, May 17, 2018

Just what is a Lap Desk???


A friend mentioned that she didn't know what a lap desk was.
So I took a picture of the one I received as a gift from a friend.
This is the pillow side that is stuffed with fiberfill.
It sits on your lap.


This is the desk side which is a piece of 1/2 inch board that is smooth and hard.
It is a nice place to put a card or paper when writing.
Or a place for a book or magazine to rest while I am sitting on the couch and trying to read.


This is a side view.
We took a piece of rectangle fabric a little larger than the board.
Made box corners on it.  Then made piping out of a contrasting fabric, sewed
it on and then glued it down to the board leaving an opening
to stuff in the fiberfill.

I have to admit it took us 3 hours to make the first one 
but only about a half an hour to make the next one.

Happy Quilting!              Lynda




1 comment:

Oops-Lah said...

Very clever! I love the idea! Thanks for the explanation.