Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Lap desks, bindings and in progress!


A friend gave me a lap desk and then showed me how to make them.
I made Ellie a sweet flowery one to match her sweet personality.


Gavin got one that he says is covered in eyes....watching him all the time.


Wyatt's is covered in monsters......he wouldn't look at me for the picture.


I'm still trying to get rid of scraps!!
9 patches and hour glass blocks make up this picnic quilt.
Since I took this picture I have added a blue stop border.
Now I need to add a scrappy outer border and it will 
be ready for the quilter.

Why don't scraps ever diminish???


I finally put the binding on this purple marvel.  
Purple is my favorite color.
This quilt will look great in our purple guest bedroom.
I used a lavender flannel for the back. 


This quilt was made from a fabric I got for another project and never got around to making.
It has 4 different border fabrics.  I love the bright blue binding.
It will be given to a young couple who are getting married the first part of June.


Happy Quilting!                    Lynda


1 comment:

Oops-Lah said...

I had to re-read the word lap desk several times as I just didn't understand what it meant. Somehow I thought the kids had a quillow in their hands only after a bit of contemplating I finally got it ;)! What are those lap desk filled with? Can't just be like any ordinary pillow, right? Love both your finished quilts and your WIP looks great (and yes, I too wonder about the scraps, are they multiplying while we are sleeping???)