Saturday, November 6, 2010

More Scrappy!

Another small baby quilt made from strip scraps. These are more of the strip scraps that I cut a couple of weeks ago following Pleasant Home's blog on using up our scraps. It is a small quilt only about 34 inches square but I made it to fit the piece of yellow minke that I had left over from another quilt. Of course....I still have lots of these scraps left over so I'll be making more things out of them in the future.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. I am having surgery Monday morning and will be in the hospital for a few days. As I understand, I will probably not feel much like blogging or anything else for a few days. But I have sewn the bindings on a couple of quilts so while I'm sitting around doing nothing I can hand stitch the bindings so I won't go completely bonkers from being away from my sewing machine.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The only thing wrong with doing nothing is that I won't know when I'm done! ( a quote from Linda at Stray Stitches blog).


See you in a couple of weeks. Happy Quilting! Lynda

11 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Oh poor you! I hope you'll be as good as new very soon. Have a good rest and I'm looking forward to seeing you here in "blogland" soon again.
Hugs
Vreni
PS: lovely little baby quilt!

quilary said...

That's great planning ahead to have your hand stitching. Best wishes for the next couple of weeks and get better soon.

QuiltSue said...

Good luck with the surgery. Hope you make a quick recovery.

Kirsten said...

Good luck with the surgery...and hope you'll be well in no time at all.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Good luck, Lynda; I'll be thinking of you.-)

Brenda said...

You'll be in my prayers with your surgery!

Sharon said...

Take care, and hope you are on the mend quickly! Angels are watching over you...Hugs!

mshilly said...

Best of luck to you. When I had surgery, I took two weeks off to do nothing, and I pretty much accomplished that.

Marsha said...

Take care ... the binding will still be there when you are fully recovered! Don't rush it ....

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Hope all goes well with the surgery. We'll all be here when your ready to come back!!

Pokey said...

Your new scrappy quilt is so very cute. I'm itchin' to do some myself.
I hope your surgery and healing goes well, I'm sending along my love and prayers ~
:-}pokey