Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gobble Gobble & Candy Corn Dress


We took a drive to Logan again on Wednesday to spend some time with our granddaughter, Ellie. My daughter had a couple of projects for us to work on. Above is a cute little Turkey shirt. She finished it after we left.
She had a picture of this candy corn dress. It took us about an hour to figure out how to make it without instructions and to make it. It was quite easy and went together quickly but it is always nice to have two heads working on figuring it out.
Tomorrow I am going to a quilt retreat. It started today but I couldn't get the day off of work. I have prepared a couple of quilts to bind and am finally going to work on some hand applique on a project I started at least 2 years ago called Antitude. One of my quilting friends showed me how she appliques and it makes it look a lot easier than what I have been trying before. I'll take pictures and share them later.


Happy Quiltng! Lynda

4 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

How cute is that dress! And how cute does your granddaughter look in it. Have fun at the quilt retreat!

QuiltSue said...

What a beautiful granddaughter.

Have fun at your retreat.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

How cute! Have fun at your retreat, Lynda!

Nicky and Patrick said...

I agree that she is the cutest little girl in the entire world:) thanks for coming up!