Sunday, April 29, 2018

A Little of This and a Lot of That!


I haven't posted anything for a long time but that doesn't mean I've been slacking!
My husband found this old wooden high chair in a pile of stuff ready to go to the dump.
He knew I would love it so he picked it up and brought it home.
It is missing some rungs.  The seat is splitting and the tray is warped!
But I love the way it looks now all painted purple.
In a couple weeks there will be flowers growing in a pot in the center of the seat.
Won't that be beautiful????


Our 5 year old Grandson, Gavin, always sends me poop emoji on my phone.  He thinks it is so funny.
So when I found these poop emoji cupcakes we had to make them.
As you can see, he couldn't wait to start eating the frosting.


Our  7 year old Granddaughter, Ellie, is more into making something pretty to wear.
When she took her turn spending the night with Grandpa and Grandma 
she made a bright button bracelet and belt.  
It took a couple of hours to string all those buttons on but she stuck with it
and now has something fun to wear.


My friend, Janine, gave me some more fabric.  This time it was Christmas fabrics
in browns and reds.  I added solid fabric bows and now have the beginnings of
a Christmas quilt for someone in a few months. 
It still needs a border.  
It was so fast and easy.
The quilt on the right, Delectable Mountains, is the start of a quilt
for another Grandson, Spencer, who will be a senior in High School this
next year.  I now have the top finished and it is ready
to go to the quilter.
I think he will love it. 
I chose mountains because when they used to visit us here in Utah from Arkansas, 
he would always ask his Mom to take him up and drop him off in the 
mountains and let him see if he could survive with just a couple of tools
and a little food.  He wanted her to come back in 3 days to pick him up.
Luckily, she never gave in and did it but he sure begged a lot!


Often when Ellie and Gavin come over they like to go into my sewing room, cut up
lots of little scraps, and put pins into them and fasten them to
the ironing board.
I can get a lot of sewing in when they are playing with scraps.


During Christmas I made a few Trolls to give away to friends.  They turned out pretty cute.


I had a few left over scraps from a quilt and put them together to make these table toppers.
Of course, they are still just flimsies.
Add them to the pile!

I wanted to make a Snail's Trail quilt.  
Love all the pinks.
I think it needs a border but it has been set aside for other projects for now.


Now I need to take the projects I started but never finished and work through them to have a completed project!  I can't believe my Mom would work on only 1 project at a time, and finish it completely before starting another project. 

Happy Quilting!                        Lynda

1 comment:

Oops-Lah said...

I think you are like me, a bit of a dragonfly when it comes to handicrafts. Work on this a bit and then on something else for a while and then move on to a new thing ;)!. I can't imagine working on one thing until it's finished either, that would be so boring ha ha ha! The good thing is that eventually everything does get finished, it just might take a few years!!! You haven been working on some lovely projects. I can't beliefe how much Gavin and Ellie have grown. I remember when they were just babies, and look at them now.