Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another binding done, Seattle, Red Pajama get away

Here's another binding done for my friend Janine. She bought plenty of this black and white fabric (as she always does) and she has made this quilt, has the fabric for another ready to make and I have made a quilt (but not quilted yet) out of this fabric. The red is the perfect accent color for the black and white. I had the black and white striped fabric and we thought that would be the perfect binding. The back is Minkie.

Here is a picture of me and 2 of my daughters.....Denise in the middle and Krista on the right.....in our motel room in Seattle. Krista got us these matching red pajamas for our mother/daughter getaways a few months ago. Nicky couldn't make it this time.

Here are a few pictures of Seattle area. Isn't this just a beautiful scene?


This is Alki area looking over into downtown Seattle.

This is one of the fish markets at Pikes Place.

The fruits and vegetables were so wonderful.


And the flowers were amazing! Can you believe these bouquets were only $5 to $15 each.





This is the view from the top of the hill looking towards Pikes Place. This place is wonderful. Full of all kinds of shops from honey, jam, cheese, fruits, vegetables, fish to hand bound leather journals, hand dyed scarfs, crocheted, knitted items, jewelry and all kinds of other crafts. It was great fun.....I could have stayed a few days and not seen it all.
It is always fun to take a vacation. We had a grand visit with my brother, Mike, and his family. Went out to eat, got hair cuts from my niece, Elizabeth and had a great time. Now it's back home, back to work and back to a routine.
I am working on a Buggy Barn quilt of flowers in soft pinks and greens for Janine. Also getting the back made for my Cute Babies quilt so it can get quilted soon.
Good to be home and quilting again. Lynda







4 comments:

Pokey said...

Love those jammies! Anything in red is great, huh? :-} How special to have a getaway together with your girls.
I visited Pike's Place in 2005, it is neat to revisit in your photos.
Oh, I really like the red and black and white quilt, too! The red thin borders were a nice touch.

Brenda said...

How fun! You take such great trips and have wonderful adventures with your family! Kind of makes all the work of raising them worthwhile!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

You have such fun mother/daughter get-togethers! I cannot wait for grandson to be out of his diapers so we can leave him with husband, and I can take daughter for a trip again! It's not quite the same with a toddler running around no matter how adorable he is.-)

Unknown said...

I think Denise looks a lot like you.