Sunday, August 29, 2010

Binding on and Delivered!

I got the Orange and Blue quilt back from the quilter and put the binding on while taking a drive to St. George. We went to see the play, Tarzan, at Tuacahn outdoor theater. The play was spectacular with apes flying over our heads. At one point Tarzan came down a wire line from half way up the mountain onto the stage. For those of you who have been to that area you know the red, rock mountains are high and rugged. It was lots of fun. But back to the quilt! It was a little complicated manuevering a large quilt around on my lap so that I could bind the whole thing but I had taken time at home to fold it so that I could just keep turning and turning the whole folded quilt in my lap and get to all the edges.


I think you can see some of the flower, leaf and vine quilting that Toma Blair of Orem did. She did a beautiful job of quilting, by the way. I used a bright orange flannel on the back.


These blues and oranges were a bit softened in color compared to the really, really bright orange and blue that the wedding couple used as their colors to decorate. The reception was outside and luckily the weather cooled off enough to be enjoyable, with a slight wind, and a few threatening rain clouds. My newest baby granddaughter was dressed in a bright orange onesie and blue tutu, with blue leggings and shiny gold sandles all picked out or made by her paternal grandma.
I also got the Baseball quilt back from the quilter and will put the binding on in the next couple of days. Then I can give it away too! It doesn't get much better than this.
Happy Quilting! Lynda
P.S. My giveaway is almost over so hurry and add your name if you haven't already. I'll be drawing a name on September 1st. Good luck everyone.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Aren't you so clever, folding it all perfect so you could bind it in the car. I am going to have to check out that Tuacahn theater.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

It is wonderful, Lynda, and looks so soft and comforting! Stitching in a car, huh, I get carsick just trying to read the signs if I'm not driving myself...

Pokey said...

You quilt is a great finish! That orange backing, and the turquoise binding sure make it beautiful!

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Great finish Lynda! The quilt is so lovely!

I'm with Mrs Moen..... I tried to cross-stitch during a drive once --- not good!! MH has to pull over off the road if he wants me to read the map - thank heavens for NavMan!

Happy Sewing!

QuiltSue said...

Your quilt is beautiful.
As for doing something like reading or sewing in the car - I could never do that either. I have always wished I could, and have tried, but it's just not a good idea!

Cheryll said...

Thats what you call FANTASTIC! I love your colour choice...now you've got me thinking! Well done!
:)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Orange isn't usually one of my favorite colors but your color combination is lovely!