Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christmas Quilt 2 ready for the quilter


I fell in love with this border fabric by Moda called Crazy 8 that I talked about in my last blog. Found lots of fabrics that matched, not all of them Crazy 8, and here is the finished quilt top. It went together quite easily and quickly. It always amazes me that I can put all the blocks up on my design wall, mix and match and move and change until I'm sure it is perfect. And then.....when I sew them together and lay it out on the floor I find all kinds of like fabrics next to each other! How does that happen? My friend, Janine, and I laugh all the time about how careful we are in positioning each block and still they come out the way they want. I do like this quilt tho and can't wait to start on the next one.
Oh, my quilt bee that I haven't been able to go to for the last year or so (because they meet on a day that I work) has changed days and now I can go again. I am so excited. I have missed getting to talk and laugh with this fun and talented group of women. I've already got my sewing project ready to take so I can sew, sew, sew while enjoying their company.
Have fun quilting. Lynda

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Your quilt turned out wonderful, I can see why you had so much fun with it! Glad you are going to go to quilt bee again, our "Sew-n-Tell" group is always a fun time.

Denise said...

Ok...have you ALWAYS done this many quilts, or is it that now I am seeing them more first hand (or via your blog) and it finally hit me that your REALLY ARE a quilter! Jeepers...when do you have time for this? Oh wait, you have an empty nest. Does that mean I may actually have time for more projects LATER?

Hope so!

Love you!

em's scrapbag said...

Lovin' your Christmas quilt. I do the same thing when I lay out a quilt. It can be so frustrating.

QuiltSue said...

I love that quilt, but it's not you, the blocks are alive you know. They wait till you turn away then all run around so they can sit next to their best friend - just like we did at school when teacher wasn't looking!

Pokey said...

It's all right that they are together, when they turn out looking this good! Your border really makes it look great!