Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sale shopping

My friend, Janine, and I went out to lunch on Thursday, December 31, to celebrate her birthday a couple of days late. She asked if I minded if we stopped at a fabric store on the way home.....was she kidding! Do any of us need an excuse to stop at a fabaric store? I wasn't looking for any fabric for myself but when I saw this Crazy 8 fabric from Moda on sale for 60% off at American Quilting I couldn't pass it up. The kit was 40% off so I had to get it too. Yesterday I thought I might start the kit since everything was cut out already and marked. So I started sewing the squares together and with only 1 break to eat I finished sewing all the 187 squares together and adding the first border. Today I will sew on the outside border and it will be ready to quilt. One Christmas gift almost done for 2010!!! Hope I can keep up this momentum so by October I'll be done sewing for Christmas. Of course, that is my plan every year ......but never accomplished. Love to quilt! Lynda

4 comments:

Denise said...

I suppose I need to put in my order in the heat of your momentum, eh?
I'll get right on that...before I forget.

;D

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

You work so fast, Lynda; I'm so impressed! I had to go to the fabric shop today to get some solid black fabric and stabilizer, and I managed to get out of there without anything more. I was so proud; I have to reduce my stash for the next 5 years to finally fit it into my sewing room:-)

QuiltSue said...

Wow, one pressie already made for 2010 - that's fantastic.

Unknown said...

I wish I had fabric shops like this in my town.