Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Love You

I got the February 2010 Quilters World magazine and fell in love with a quilt in it. I ran out to the fabric store and purchased the fabrics for it yesterday after work. Today I thought I would start it. I love black and white fabrics and red always looks great with them. So I enlarged the lettering, started cutting out, ironing down and found I just couldn't stop! Here are the fabrics below. I really love the one with people and dogs and cats on it. I was afraid it might be too busy to show the letters but it looks great.
And here is the finished top! I have been sewing most of the day but I just couldn't stop until I had it done. The pattern called for a pieced border but from the picture and the reds that were used it hardly even showed that it was pieced.....so.....I took the liberty to change it and just put a solid red border and I like it just as well as if I'd spent several hours piecing blocks.

Isn't it just the cutest!! I can't wait to get it quilted now. It is almost 60 inches square so I just don't want to try to quilt it myself. I love this quilt.

6 comments:

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Oh, I love it too, Lynda! I'm always amazed by your drive to finish new projects; this is perfect with the single fabric border and all!

Denise said...

Spencer just put his order in. He is here checking out your blog with me and fell in love it! He wants it!

Unknown said...

Yes, you are going to quilt it yourself I like that and the top is great with the o´s filled with red fabric :)

Nicky and Patrick said...

That is so good. I love it too.

Sharon said...

I am so impressed with your quilt...it is lovely. And to think you just bought the fabric and have it all pieced...you go girl!

Brenda said...

Wow - you are amazing!