Friday, November 20, 2009

Give Thanks

This is a small wallhanging from the Art to Heart books for Fall. It is fused and machine quilted. Very easy and fun to make and hang. I even embroidered the hair. My daughter, Nicky, and I made the "give Thanks" blocks last year. I leave it up all year tho because I like the message. I really need to remember to give thanks for other things since I was supposed to be in Illinois visiting my grandchildren this weekend but due to some glitch in the computer system yesterday, all the flights were way overbooked so I couldn't get on a flight today. (I fly standby since my daughter, Krista, works for an airline). There were no tickets left to buy either.
I made a couple of these a few years ago. The shoes are painted on but most everything else was tiny sewing. I love the turkey.
Thanks for stopping by. Lynda

1 comment:

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Oh; Lynda; I'm so sorry you did not get to see your grandkids!
Love your little year-round-display; you're so right, we do need to be reminded to be greatful now and then.