Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quilt Retreat

Here are some pictures of quilting friends and projects at our quilt retreat last week. I only got to spend 1 day so my 'lets-get-this-project-done" list was small. This quilt was made by Nancy from a kit she purchased at Broadbents in Lehi. Isn't it beautiful! Four friends each bought the kit, took about a year to start and I think she said about 3 years to finish. Sorry Nancy, I cut off your head.


As you can see, we were all busy with our own projects. But we still made time to walk around to see what everyone else was working on. Suzanne has this wonderful bonus room in her home that she opens up for retreats a couple of times a year and we spend a couple of days laughing, talking, sewing and eating. Here are Dixie, Judy, Marie , Nancy and Suzanne working hard.
Mabelle made this darling primary colored Nine Patch baby quilt. She was adding the border in this picture and making sure she had plenty of binding using all the scraps from the quilt. It turned out so cute.



This is my small stack of bindings to do. I did get 2 small quilts bound and 1 side of the large one finished before it was time to leave. I really enjoy retreats where we can just go and spend the whole day working on quilts and talking quilts, visiting with old friends and making new friends. Thank you Suzanne for opening up your home to all of us.


I warn my non-quilting friends that quilting is quite addictive so be careful. If they start, they may not be able to stop! Thanks for stopping by. Lynda






2 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like so much fun!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

It sure looks like fun, Lynda; I just love days like that - sewing and chatting and having a snack or two. You are so lucky to have a friend who opens up her bonus room for you guys.
Well done attaching all that binding!