Friday, November 27, 2009

Its Hip to be Square

This is the last of the quilts I took to retreat to put on bindings. This is a queen sized quilt made from scraps except for the white fabric. I started making the squares and couldn't stop so the quilt kept getting bigger and bigger. This is the quilt on the bed in our purple bedroom. Each of the 4 borders are from a different fabric; pink, green, lavendar and yellow. Such an easy quilt to make but it really has a big impact in the small bedroom. I'm starting to cut strips now of Fall fabrics so I can make another, smaller quilt maybe using a cream instead of white fabric.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

LOVE it!

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Ooohhh! to have so many "scraps":-) It's a beautiful quilt Lynda - the quilting is also lovely!

Coleen said...

I love your blog and your quilt.
The strip club sounds interesting.

Where in Illinois is your relative?

Coleen

Pokey said...

I love your squares, they look so even and perfect!