Monday, November 23, 2009

I've joined a Strip Club

A quilting strip club that is! My friend, Dixie, invited me to join a quilting class that she is taking at Quilts Etc. in Sandy, Utah and I decided to give it a try. Everything made has to start with a strip of fabric. You can see the wonderful patterns called Seasonal Skinnies and several of the kits that I purchased on the first night. ( I was several months behind the other women in the group so I just had to buy several and try to catch up). On my Mad Saturday Sewing day I made the tops of the ghost, pumpkin and Christmas stocking. They are so easy and fun. The strips are sewn together, fused to the background and machine stitched around. Very easy and so cute when finished. I may even try to machine quilt these myself since they are only about 12 inches by 24 inches. A manageable beginner size.
Thanks for stopping by. Lynda

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I've seen Dixie's - they are so cute!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

They look great, and so many...

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like a fun club. I look forward to seeing all the "skinnies" you make now.

Unknown said...

It´s hip to strip :) Sounds great.