This was the first project I finished at our retreat. The blocks were made by friends in the KNOTT Bee a few years ago (seems to be a common phrase I use...a few years ago). Each block was made by a quilting friend, however, most of them put their names on the back and when I put them together I forgot to transfer the names to the front of the quilt so consequently I can't remember who made which block now. I decided a star block would look great in the sashing. It makes the quilt rather "busy" looking but I love it. The quilt top was put together a loooonnnggg time ago and then added to my ever increasing pile of quilts ready for the quilter. I finally gave it to Laura Erickson (who always does a great job) about a month ago to quilt and I put the binding on at the retreat. Yippee! Another completed UFO.
5 months ago